To help kick off the New Year we're releasing the first version of our WordPress SMS Notifications Plugin. You can install the plugin now, using any recent version of WordPress.
We know that a lot of people have been waiting for this plugin, so we wanted to get it out there as quickly as possible - even if it doesn't do everything we want it to do just quite yet.
Let's cover what the plugin does right now, in version 1.0, and what you can expect it do in the next major release:
What The Plugin Does Right Now
- Adds a signup widget to your WordPress blog that allows you to collect phone numbers of your visitors
- Allows you to automatically send customizable 'New Post Added' text messages to everyone who signs up for them
- Allows you to send one-off messages to anyone who has signed up to receive messages using the widget on your blog
- Stores your contacts in your WordPress database
- Stores a list of your outgoing messages in your Ez Texting account on the Scheduled / Sent tab
- Collects replies to the messages you send in your Ez Texting Inbox
- Uses the API to send text messages, so you'll need to contact us get API enabled on your account
As you can probably tell, the contacts you collect using the WordPress plugin will not be added to your Ez Texting account just yet. That brings us to the next major release:
What The Plugin Will Do Soon
- Automatically add contacts collected using the plugin's signup form to your Ez Texting Contact List
- Will not require you to contact us to enable API on your account to send messages
We're excited about the plugin and hope you find it useful to building your SMS Marketing efforts. Updating the plugin to sync contacts with your account is near the top of our development list, so expect an even better plugin soon!
Check out another screenshot below: