Entry By Jason Brick
The summer vacation/retail season can be one of the hottest of the year - no pun intended. Even in industries where business tends to slow in summer, a good text message marketing campaign can help you survive until the school year and holiday seasons get your gravy train rolling once again. Whichever extreme your business lies within, you can boost sales and improve profits by broadcasting some of these summer-themed text coupons.
- Holiday Coupons Match a summer holiday with something you offer, no matter how slight the connection. Offer a discount for buying on that day, or for buying goods related to the holiday. Don't settle for just July 4th, Memorial Day and Labor Day. You can use the dozens of observance weeks and lesser holidays to keep in touch with your subscribers.
- Beat the Heat Whether you offer actual cooling products, or simply have a shop with good air conditioning, make these offers whenever the mercury rises. Every summer has its hottest week - celebrate it with a coupon offer.
- Summer BOGO By one, get one free is classic couponing, a successful tactic born long before SMS was even a thought. Use summer-related gear like sunblock, iced drinks or cheap paper fans to bring folks in to buy your higher-ticket items. Consider using a loss-leader strategy here to lure in subscribers with an irresistible deal.
- Celebrating Community Almost every town in the country has at least one summer festival - and many have several. Stay on top of what's scheduled in your market, and send coupons that participate in the event. Offer a special discount for those who can prove attendance.
- Partner With Neighbors If your business isn't really summer-centric, talk with a neighboring business that is. Have both broadcast a special discount for those who bring in a receipt from the partner. This builds your business both with the coupon, and by adding potential subscribers to your own broadcast.
- Vacation Photo Contests Summer is vacation season, and people love to talk about their vacations. Integrate your SMS with your Facebook by having subscribers share their (appropriate) vacation photos on your page. Give a big discount to the best photo of the week, and a lesser discount to all participants.
- Kids Discounts Summer also means parents with a house full of bored children. An "act fast" coupon that gives parents something to do with their kids for an afternoon will get you business and loyalty. Send it out around 11 AM for an afternoon event, ranging from "kids eat free" to a free kids clinic on something your business does well.