- The 5-Minute Guide to Cheap Startup Advertising A guest post by Rob Wailing for OnStartups.com. If you're as new as your company when it comes to startup marketing, here's the best rundown of what you absolutely need to know.
- The Quick-and-Dirty Tips Network Nobody in a startup has just one job. QDT has short podcasts with tips on everything from marketing, to money management, to public speaking. Each is just 5 to 10 minutes long, and supported by extensive blog content.
- 10 Marketing Tips for Every Startup The web is full of "X Tips" articles. You're reading one now. But classics are classics for a reason, and this post over at TheNextWeb.com is the best of its genre for this purpose. Read it before your strategy sessions for ideas.
- The Four-Hour Workweek You've heard of the book and seen the TED talk. Ferriss's ideas won't always cut your work week to 1/10th or smaller what it is right now, but they're always applicable. They'll help you prioritize your time, identify your most important goals point your company in the direction that's best for you.
- The Blog Tyrant If you think commercial bloggers aren't startup entrepreneurs, you haven't been paying attention. Ramsay Taplin's advice about blogging will help you build a base for your company's web traffic, but it goes beyond the blog into the realm of startup strategy.
- What the Founders Wish They Knew The only thing better than learning from your mistakes is learning from other peoples' mistakes without making them yourself. This article asks 10 recent startup successes what they wish they'd known before opening their own companies.
- Startup Success A podcast, now in the 150+ episode stage, where Bob Walsh and Patrick Foley cover startup strategies, tips for marketing and interviews with thought leaders and influential up-and-comers.
The trouble with lists is they're never complete. Readers, what other resources had the skinny you wish you'd known before getting started? Better yet, what advice and experience can you offer yourself? Join the conversation in the comments below.